Advice & gear to keep your pets safe in an emergency
When you're putting together a family emergency plan, consider this: Your pets are every bit as reliant upon you as a young child would be.
We've gone to experts in pet safety to get the best safety advice, including the ASPCA and the dog expert, Jeff Franklin, our resident canine guru.
1. Pack water and dry food. Have them at the ready.
2. Make sure your cat or dog is drinking safe water.
3. Mind your dog's feet! Pads are soft and easily damaged.
4. Keep your dog dry. When wet, get her dried off right away.
5. Heat kills. Dogs don't do well with direct sunlight or extended heat. Find shade!
ANIMALS ARE FAMILY. THINK AHEAD TO KEEP THEM SAFE